Senior Case Coordinator
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Role Type: Senior Case Coordinator Reports To: Social Care Manager Type: Full-Time, Permanent Work Location: Hybrid (in-person & remote) Schedule: 8 hour shift Salary: $45,000 - $65,000 About UsCareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals. About The RoleWe are looking for a Senior Case Coordinator to join our team. In this role you will support the day to day of the helpline and hospital teams, in collaboration with our Social Care Manager. This is a very hands-on role and requires deep knowledge of case management, Medicaid, and other government benefits. You will be a trusted subject matter expert to the team! Main Responsibilities
- Provide oversight, support, and guidance to your team of coordinators.
- Manage your own load of complex cases through communication with patients and caregivers, documentation in EHR systems, data entry, maintenance and reconciliation.
- Work collaboratively with all teams to establish a formalized referral process to engage clients across partner agencies.
- Offer information and appropriate referrals to community services using warm handoffs when possible.
- Return voicemail and emails from participants and community partners.
- Provide navigation across sectors and providers to ensure coordination and service access/completion for all cases .
- Responsible for pre-screening clients for eligibility, application assistance, information dissemination to clients and staff of partner organizations, following up with clients, and data tracking.
- Educate clients about the programs and the follow-up needed to successfully enroll.
- Act as a primary & secondary contact and coordinate closely with referring providers.
- Complete follow-up with both the client and referral entity to ensure the completion of services.
- Work collaboratively with our Social Care Manager to provide outreach and expand resident knowledge of available resources/services.
- Collaborate across partners to identify community resources to assist eligible individuals.
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of government benefits and all available services and stay informed about policy and procedure changes.
- Participate in internal meetings to stay informed of program developments and issues.
- Keep impeccable notes on client communication and follow up with referral sources
- Meet with team leads for regularly scheduled meetings
- Complete statistical data and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (any language) is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of management or supervisory experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a hospital social services role
- 4+ years of experience in housing, government benefit applications and complex case management is required
- 4+ years of experience with behavioral health
- Behavioral health: 4 years (Preferred)
- Case coordination in a hospital setting: 4 years (Required)
- Gov't benefits (Medicaid, housing, SNAP, SSI Disability): 4 years (Required)
- Good judgment in maintaining responsibilities of the position in advocating for the best interest of clients served.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Strong interpersonal and social skills with an ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Maintain current licenses and certificates required for the position including but not limited to: First Aid and CPR
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens and maintain emotional control, and professional composure at all times.
- Must have access to a vehicle, proof of insurance and valid driver’s license to perform essential job functions required.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Birthday off