Senior Platform Engineer
Shift5 is the observability platform for onboard operational technology (OT). We’re a rapidly growing scale-up that specializes in cybersecurity, predictive maintenance, and compliance for operational technology (OT) systems across Defense, aerospace, and rail. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of dynamic, multidisciplinary experts and we’re focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by accessing and democratizing the volumes of onboard OT data generated by transportation and freight fleets, and defense fleets and weapon systems. Come join us.
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Senior Platform Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will build and maintain our platform that enables developers to run and test their modern applications in a consistent and reliable environment. You will be responsible for creating internal developer tools to streamline workflows as well as producing automated solutions that will provide integration with the platform’s diverse cloud infrastructure components.
To be successful in this position, you should be:
- Optimize CI/CD processes for cloud-native applications, integrating tools for container building, vulnerability scanning, and efficient deployments
- Champion infrastructure automation, orchestration and best practices in cloud security
- Collaborate with software teams to automate product development and QA processes
- Lead the integration of advanced cloud native solutions and services
- Iterate on best practices to increase quality and velocity of deployments
- Support enterprise Cloud Native applications and infrastructure
- Lead incident response and post-mortem analysis
- Implement and manage service meshes, monitoring tools, and logging infrastructure to ensure observability and reliability of cloud-native applications
- Support source code management and developer infrastructure
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience in software development
- Ability to work independently in a challenging environment
- Deep and extensive understanding of cloud native architectures, http, tcp/ip, dns
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Containers, Cloud Native BuildPacks, Docker
- Extensive knowledge of Linux
- Experience with build/automation systems like Tekton, Terraform, Packer, Ansible
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++, Bash/Shell
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Proven ability to configure computer hardware such as rackmount servers, Single-Board Computers (SBCs), and IoT devices
- Ability to use git, specifically GitHub, for configuration management.
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
- Be a U.S. citizen with a TS/SCI clearance or be able to hold one.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.