Data Product Manager
Shift5 is the observability platform for onboard operational technology (OT). We’re a rapidly growing scale-up that specializes in cybersecurity, predictive maintenance, and compliance for operational technology (OT) systems across Defense, aerospace, and rail. We are a collaborative, passionate, and driven cadre of dynamic, multidisciplinary experts and we’re focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by accessing and democratizing the volumes of onboard OT data generated by transportation and freight fleets, and defense fleets and weapon systems. Come join us.
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Data Product Manager to join our growing team. As a Data Product Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, development, and commercialization of novel data products that unlock the value of the fleet data that Shift5 captures. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to define the product strategy, set priorities, and ensure the successful delivery of data products that meet business objectives and customer needs.
In this role you will:
- Product Strategy and Roadmap: Define the data product roadmap, including the long-term vision and product & commercialization strategy for data products at Shift5
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to develop, launch, and maintain innovative data products. Coordinate and communicate effectively with all teams involved.
- Requirements Definition: Gather and document product requirements based on customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, technical constraints, etc. Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and success metrics.
- Project Management: Manage the entire product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch, iteration, and ongoing enhancement. Create and manage project plans, set priorities, and ensure timely delivery.
- User-Centered Design: Focus on creating user-centric data products that solve real problems for customers. Collect and incorporate user feedback to improve product features and usability.
- Documentation and Communication: Maintain clear documentation of product requirements, decisions, and progress. Communicate product updates and changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies. Conduct market research to identify new opportunities for novel data products
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Science, Data Science).
- 2-3 years of experience in data product management, data science, data engineering, or related roles.
- Strong understanding of machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analytics, data science, and data engineering.
- Proven track record of successful innovation and product launch
- Strong data analytics skills (R, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of data privacy and compliance regulations.
- A customer-centric approach.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be open to travel up to 30%
- Experience bringing new data product(s) to market from ideation to commercialization
- Experience in working with machine learning, big data and cloud technologies
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.