Partnerships Operations Lead
Shift5 is hiring a Partnerships Operations Lead to join our Sales & Revenue team. This is a key role responsible for synchronizing and tracking all partner-related activities across various departments within the organization. This is a cross functional role in which they work with account executives to ensure that partner co-selling opportunities are efficiently aligned, enhancing collaboration and revenue opportunities. They work with the product management team to make certain that the product roadmap is consistently aligned with partner opportunities and that potential tech alliances are explored and tracked. They work with engineering to oversee that integration efforts meet objectives and timelines, and that promised resources from partners are secured. They work with marketing to equip partner sellers with sales enablement tools and ensuring that joint marketing activities are timely and high impact. Strategically, they work with senior leaders to fortify partner connections. Attention to detail, a programmatic approach, and high energy are essential in this role, as they are vital in aligning department resources, holding people accountable, and maximizing the chances of winning partner deals.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing data and cybersecurity scale-up. We specialize in capturing and analyzing serial bus data in real time, providing anomaly detection and operational intelligence required to act. Our insights provide real-time alerting and historical trends to assure mission readiness and cyber survivability, and our innovative technology enables military systems to deter adversaries, protect warfighters, and maintain their competitive edge. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary, and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels. Come join us.
In this role you will be expected to:
Streamline Partnership Operations
- Ensure Synchronization Across Departments for Partner Activities
- Integrate opportunities within Salesforce, providing real-time updates on all partner-related activities across departments.
- Conduct weekly cross-functional meetings to ensure alignment and responsiveness.
- Enhance Partner Co-Selling Opportunities
- Align 100% of partner co-selling opportunities with the appropriate account executives within one month.
- Conduct bi-weekly sales pipeline meetings with sales teams to ensure a clear understanding of partner strategies.
- Increase joint sales opportunities by 25% within the first 90 days.
- Align Product Roadmap with Partner Opportunities
- Support the integration of partner opportunities into product roadmaps.
- Track at least 3 potential tech alliances quarterly as competitive differentiators and routes to new market opportunities.
- Host monthly reviews with the product team to ensure alignment with partner requirements.
- Ensure Timely and Effective Integration Engineering Efforts
- Ensure all integration engineering projects are completed on time.
- Secure promised resources from partners for 100% of joint engineering projects.
- Conduct monthly reviews with the engineering team to ensure alignment with partner technical requirements. Enable Marketing
Partner Sales Enablement and Joint Marketing Success
- Develop and deliver sales enablement materials to 100% of partner sellers within one month of partnership announcements.
- Successfully execute at least 1 joint marketing announcements or events with partners quarterly.
- Implement a system for tracking shared marketing leads with partners.
Enable Strategic Engagement
- Leverage Strategic Sponsors to Strengthen Partner Relationships
- Facilitate at least 10 strategic meetings quarterly with senior-leader sponsors for key partnerships.
- Ensure 100% of strategic sponsors are updated monthly on partnership statuses and needs.
- Implement bi-annual partner satisfaction surveys.
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- Bachelors degree and at least 3 years of experience
- Previous work with or within defense technology, government sectors, agencies, or related organizations (especially the DoD) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the major vendors within the DoD, with a preference for 1-3 years of experience in partnership management, sales, or a related area.
- Exceptional attention to detail is paramount, as this role requires meticulous tracking and coordination across multiple departments and partners.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities to effectively collaborate with various internal teams, partners, and stakeholders. This includes excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agility and the ability to respond to the ever-changing needs of partners and internal teams is essential. A proactive, solution-oriented mindset is key.
- Experience working in across-functional teams, demonstrating the ability to lead, motivate, and align different stakeholders.
- An innate drive to achieve and exceed goals, coupled with a strong work ethic and determination.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, think creatively, and work resourcefully to find solutions and drive results.
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
- US Citizenship
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.