Senior Integration Engineer
Shift5 is seeking a full-time Senior Integration Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll lead project integrations across Shift5’s product suite and help determine integration/interface requirements. Specifically, we’re working on streamlining application and system interoperability to deliver end to end mission critical solutions and maintain integrity of data.
This role serves as the integrator between Shift5 software, hardware and the rest of the Shift5 product ecosystem. You will:
● Design, plan, execute, and documents solutions for systems integration along with release management integration and testing.
● Provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components.
● Work cross-functionally with our product managers, designers, & engineers to conceive, implement, and ship major releases.
Shift5 is a rapidly growing early-stage cybersecurity startup. We specialize in data collection, insights and cybersecurity technology for a wide variety of operational systems. To put it simply, we defend planes, trains and tanks from cyberattack. We are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Our engineers are multidisciplinary and our team is dynamic. We’re a growing company focused on helping our customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right above the wheels. Come join us.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Own the end-to-end release and integration process between Software Engineering and other functional areas of the business.
- Responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of software releases spanning across multiple platforms and customers.
- Develop, test and document integration solutions and data migration needs of business applications.
- Establish best design and implementation practices to deliver scalable integration solutions.
- Architect integration strategy based on principles of reusability, security, scalability and quality.
- Communicate effectively across functional areas and collaborate well within a team environment to drive results.
- Embrace new technologies and open source solutions to achieve desired functionality.
- Actively participate in our agile development processes, including the use of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and developments in the software engineering space.
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ Years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- C, C++, Bash, Golang, Python
- Experience leading a team of software engineers and instilling best practices
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, Make, CMake, autotools, Kconfig , TDD, CI/CD, Docker, Google ProtoBufs, MQTT, Sentry
- Prior experience with CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, SAE J1939, ASCB, ARINC 429 is extra helpful
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shift5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.