Senior Frontend Engineer
Prewitt Ridge was founded in 2019 to accelerate high-impact multi-disciplinary hardware development from day one. Since then, we’ve brought together a team with a robust history tackling difficult problems in deep tech from SpaceX, Slingshot Aerospace, McKinsey, Blue Origin, and the US Navy. We know that the hardest part is keeping everyone in sync.
We’ve built an engineering collaboration environment that eases friction when designing, assessing, or managing complex systems. Our platform Verve starts from concept capture for teams working with top level Requirements, weaves a Digital Thread between key engineering tools, and captures an enterprise-wide authoritative source of truth. We establish an inclusive digital engineering workflow that enables streamlined integration of diverse data sets from multiple design systems and tools. In short, all engineers work off of the same page with minimal overhead, no matter what their background or area of expertise.
Prewitt Ridge is a remote-first company headquartered in Los Angeles, with teammates in Albuquerque, Minneapolis, and Austin. We offer a generous benefits and equity package, unlimited vacation, frequent off-site engagements, and value getting our team together in-person quarterly.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will own one or more components of our web applications and produce scalable software solutions critical to the design and development of complex engineering systems such as rockets, aircraft, spacecraft, nuclear reactors, and whatever other technologies our customers are out there building. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment.
You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility, and be familiar with Agile methodologies.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. We know and appreciate that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We are more interested in candidates with a demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems and a willingness to learn than candidates who can put checks in boxes.
If you’re passionate about having a positive impact on the world, and accelerating humanity’s ability to innovate, then we’d love to talk!
- Managing a central source of data intended to be used in a limitless number of engineering tools.
- Pipelining data between files and software tools that are used to generate engineering data and decisions, but are not typically tied together digitally.
- Maintaining revisions of diverse data packages in a way that non-software experts will use and enjoy.
- Securely deploying applications that manage and safely store a company’s or nation’s most closely guarded trade secrets while allowing seamless access to authorized users.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, or 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- Working knowledge of Typescript, React, Docker, and AWS
- 4+ years of experience developing and delivering quality web applications
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in web applications development
- Expertise with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with build systems (NX, Webpack, Pants) and package management tools (pip, npm, poetry)
- Expertise with relevant backend technologies and libraries (Flask, SQLAlchemy, OpenAPI)
- Expertise with relevant frontend technologies and libraries (React, Redux, Storybook, RTK-Query)
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, and build
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance.
- In depth knowledge of network security, product security, and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and OIDC
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Experience building (non-software focused) engineering tools or working in an engineering environment
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis until June 20th, 2023. Please submit any interest to email@example.com.